It is bittersweet to be writing a blog post on first birthday gift ideas. On one hand I wish I could pause time and on the other hand I am so looking forward to the future days and weeks of seeing Isla grow. I have received multiple requests for gift ideas for the 12+ month old!
Derek and I are starting the process of turning my never used office into a playroom for Isla. I am envisioning a bright fun space that allows for lots of creativity and learning for the years to come. I put together what my vision is and now we will began ordering items for it! We like to budget so it won’t all come together at once, but hopefully by Christmas we will have everything together and perfect! one thing we are eager to get is a Nugget couch. However, these things sell like HOT CAKES and can take months to come in once ordered. So until then we will just put her Pottery Barn Anywhere Chair in there!
Over on my Instagram story I asked for recommendations on what to get a a one year old for his or her birthday. I have included a list of your recommendations and things I have found!
- Play Kitchen – This was a very popular answer and not just for a girl, but also for a boy. Many mamas said their child has played with this from 1-5 years old. It is a great item to grow with them!
- Water Table – One of Isla’s favorite outdoor activities is playing with this water table.
- Bubble Machine – Another item Isla has that her friend, Holland, gave her! We need to refill it but she loves this!
- Play Stroller -This stroller is under $20 and comes with play bottles as well.
- Baby Dolls – For their stroller! Baby dolls are also a great time to be sure you are being inclusive of all races. Because we all know it starts at home! These plush dolls, baby doll with paci, and a set of twins!
- Slide – This slide is perfect for using inside or outside!
- Ball Pit – lots of fun for multiple ages!
- Wooden Puzzle – This one is great for learning colors and developing fine motor skills!
- Crawl Tunnel – Something tells me Isla would LOVE this!
- Wiwiruka Toys -This company offers a lot of different items for ages 0-9 years old!
- Flash Cards – This set of flash cards comes with the alphabet, animals, numbers, and fruit!
- Stacking Rings – Isla LOVES her stacking rings so much so that they are already so worn. I found these and thought they would be perfect for her playroom. They also have more rings than the typical plastic ones!
- Building Blocks – These have numbers, animals, and fruits on them! Perfect for learning and fun for stacking!
- Custom Chair – Isla actually has two of these. She got one for Christmas and another one for Easter. While she doesn’t sit in them yet, she loves to climb all over them! They come in many different color and fabric options
- Tricycle – Perfect for kids and you can push it while walking!
- Giftcards – Someone gave the idea of gifting them with gift cards to their favorite clothes shops. This will allow the parents to use at a later time when their child is growing out of clothes.
- Savings Account – Donating to the child’s saving account can help the parents with college savings, or just an overall savings.
- Swing – I see this swing all of the time! A friend of ours has it and I laid Isla down on it. She loved swinging!
- Memberships -Zoo or aquarium membership passes is an amazing idea if you do not want to gift a toy!
- Arts + Crafts -Crayons, washable paint, paper, and color books are all great ideas for arts and crafts depending on age!
- The Nugget – Again, an amazing couch for a great price. The demand is way higher than the supply sadly.. SO they are very hard to get your hands on! Love that they are washable!
- Swim Lessons – This is a great thing to give as a gift! My parents gifted Isla ISR lessons for Christmas.
- Pikler Triangle – For your little ones who LOVE climbing aka Isla. This is a must for her playroom!
- Teepee Tent – Perfect for their bedroom or a playroom!
- Craft Table + Chairs – This is the table and these are the chairs that we are getting for Isla’s playroom. I love that they don’t take up a ton of space!