I cannot believe my baby is eight months old y’all. Time is flying and when you have a baby it is the most bittersweet feeling.II miss those early skin to skin days, but I am loving her current age even more. She is so fun, laughs at everything, has the best little personality, and now she s crawling all over the place!
If you missed it, I created a blog post for our Most Loved Baby Items 0-4 Months. Things have definitely changed in 4 months and there are lots of new items we are loving so here we go!
Items We Continued Using From 0-4 Months:
- Frida Baby Medicine Paci: This continues to get used daily and it’s the best invention ever. Isla gets a multi vitamin daily then sometimes gripe water or tylenol if needed. She has zero problems taking medicine with this!
- The Owlet Sock: Eight months later and honestly not sure if I could sleep without Isla having this. It is the best piece of mind knowing she is okay in her crib sleeping.
- Little Einstein Activity Center: This continued to be a favorite until about seven months when Isla become mobile. She doesn’t love being trapped so this does not get used as often anymore.
- Sophie the Giraffe: Her favorite teething toy for sure. Sophie lost her squeak after spit up got in it, but Isla still loves it. We usually keep it in the car so she can have it on car rides.
- Fisher Price Set Me Up Floor Seat: This became a favorite quickly and continued being a favorite until Isla was sitting unassisted really well.
- Baby Bjorn Carrier: Girlfriend is getting heavy to carry in this, but I still love it so much for those days she wants to be held. This is big grocery store favorite too. I love that she can stay entertained by seeing everything, but I can also get everything I need easily.
- Piano Play Gym: Probably our most used toy item ever. We started using this in those early days and weeks for tummy time. Then as she grew she loved kicking the piano and playing with the toys. Now that she can sit up we angered the piano up so that she can hit it with her hands.
- Travel Sound Machine: This is a MUST. We keep this in the car so we can have it in case nap time ever overlaps with errands.
- Hatch Baby Sound Machine: This is the sound machine we use in her room for every nap and bedtime. We love it!
- Uppa Baby Car Seat + Stroller: Our car seat an stroller system. I am about to begin searching for a convertible seat because she isn’t loving the car seat anymore and I think it’s because it makes her lean back and she would rather sit up. We love this Uppa Baby set. I recommend it to all mamas!
- Lollipop Camera: This is still our monitor and we still love it! I considered getting the owlet camera monitor since we have the sock, It would allow us to just use one app and see everything in that one app. But after reading tons of negative reviews on that camera, I decided not to order it!
- Newton Baby Mattress: 100% breathable for those belly sleeping babies. I got this for Isla from the beginning not even knowing if she would belly sleep or not. From the first time she belly slept at 4 months to now, she has never slept one night on her back. This mattress gives me the biggest piece of mind!
Favorite Items for 4-8 Months:
- Joovy Walker: We got this when Isla was 6 months and I would say she had no interest in it until about 7 months. We are hoping it will help her with learning to walk. However, even at 8 months, she still isn’t super interested in walking in it.
- Bath Seat: Once Isla learned to sit up, it was game over for the bath seat we used prior to this one. She did not want to lay down in the bath anymore so we got this one and she has loved it!
- EZPZ Bowls: I get lots of questions about these. We have the EZPZ brand and some from target. I haven’t found one yet that sticks 100%. She always manages to get her little fingers under the bottom and pull it up. But I do love these!
- EZPZ Plates: I love the little section on these plates!
- EZPZ Spoons: These are amazing for teaching Isla to self feed with a spoon. I usually just load her spoon for her and she grabs to and eats. She hasn’t quite mastered loading it on her own yet.
- Bella Tunno Food Bibs: The best bibs for catching food.
- Ikea Highchair: Out highchair under $20. I had a hard time deciding between this and the Stokke high chair. The Stokke is over $260 so I had a hard time pulling the plug on it. I know so many mamas who love it and say its so worth the money bc it grows with baby. Maybe I will pull the plug on it for baby #2. But at the end of the day I decided with the Ikea one. It is super basic so I ordered lots of accessories from Yeah Baby Goods on Instagram!
- Floor Protector: Something I didn’t know I needed until I had it. If you don’t have rugs or anything under your highchair then this isn’t a must. Anytime we move the seat away from the rug, we don’t use it because we can easily wipe up our floor! I love it for keeping food off of our dining room rug.
- Baby Kitchen Sink: One of Isla’s favorite toys right now is this sink. You can turn the faucet on and eater pours out so it can get messy! Majority of the the time we don’t even use water and she still loves it!
- Minnidip Pool: This is going to be a summertime favorite for sure. Right now we use a big bucket and put bath water in it because the hose water is too cold.
- Honeybear Cup: Okay so if you follow me on insta then you know we have had a hard time getting Isla to drink from a straw. It’s not that she didn’t want to. She just had no clue how and wasn’t getting it no matter what we tried. From 6-8 months we tried all your tips with zero luck. A couple people told me to order this so I finally did. HOLY SMOKES. I don’t know what magic is in this cup but the very first time we used it, she got it. I let her use this cup for a few days then tried out the weighted straw (which we tried before and she couldn’t do it) and she did it immediately!
- Munchkin Weighted Straw: Now that she can drink from a straw, this is the cup we love to use. Isla likes to seeing it around all crazy so it’s nice that it doesn’t leak.
- Nested Bean Sleep Sack: This is the only sleep sack we use and she loves it. Because she is a belly sleeper we put it on her backwards so the weighted spot is on her back.
- Stacking Rings: Two toys she plays with daily are these rings and the cups below. I legit think we could get rid of every other toy and she wouldn’t even notice.
- Stack Up Cups: Legit loves these! She gets so excited when she sees these.
- Como Tomo Bottle Handles: This is random, but Como Como makes handles you can buy separately for their bottles. We still have to semi help Isla out, but these have made it way easier for her to hold her own bottle!